- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves, garlic diced
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 lb(s) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 2.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- 0.50 cup, Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup crumbled fresh bacon
- Cut spaghetti squash (I cut mine into about 4 rings) – place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 350. It will need to cook for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool. When it is cooled, fork spaghetti out of it and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1.5 cups cream and 1/2 cup chicken stock to a boil, then turn the heat down so it doesn’t bubble over. Add sundried tomatoes, asiago cheese and xanthan gum. Whisk on low for a couple of minutes while it thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook bacon until brown – crumble and set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts (I grilled mine) – slice thinly, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add bacon, red onion and bacon grease. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add in garlic. Then add green onions, chicken and 1 cup cream. Cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes. Mix in asiago sauce and cayenne pepper and garlic salt. Mix in spaghetti squash. Cook everything together for about five minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Makes 10 servings – You could totally 1/2 the overall recipe (except the chicken) and not use spaghetti squash and just do sauce and chicken.
Total Fat: 32g
Total Protein: 31g
Net Carbs: 5 (6 total, 1 fiber)