This is another one of those “easy to make” breakfasts that you can make the morning of or ahead of time and freeze! The recipe is for a single batch. You can easily double, triple, quadruple… whatever, the recipe and make lots!
What You Need
3 tbs almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbs butter (melted)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Pyure Stevia
What To Do
Mix together all the ingredients in a well greased microwave safe dish. A square or rectangle dish works best for this. If you feel like being fancy… hold the cinnamon, then sprinkle it on top and swirl it in. Microwave for 90 seconds. From this point it is up to you how you want to cut them when you remove them from the container. I cut them into sticks. If you have a toaster that is a great option to crisp them up. I used a cast iron pan to crisp mine up a little. I would do this step before freezing any that you plan to save for later. Serve alone or with a little sugar free syrup for dipping.
These are per each serving above.
Carbs: 3g net (6g total, 3g dietary fiber)
My Fitness Pal Link
So… my single biggest leap when I decided to commit to keto was giving up my Frappucino addiction. I don’t crave them often anymore, but on a warm day I will think about it fleetingly. I decided to whip up my own last week. The java chip was my jam – so this is what I made.
1/4 cup coffee
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup crushed ice
1.5 tbs cocoa powder
2-3 drops stevia drops (you may want more or less depending on your taste)
1/2 square dark chocolate (I prefer lindt 90%)
Place everything in a blender (like this one), blend until smooth. Top with whipped cream (I make my own). Enjoy!
Macros: Fat – 26g, Protein – 3g, Carbs – 4g (net, 6 total, 2 fiber)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves, garlic diced
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 lb(s) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 2.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- 0.50 cup, Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup crumbled fresh bacon
- Cut spaghetti squash (I cut mine into about 4 rings) – place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 350. It will need to cook for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool. When it is cooled, fork spaghetti out of it and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1.5 cups cream and 1/2 cup chicken stock to a boil, then turn the heat down so it doesn’t bubble over. Add sundried tomatoes, asiago cheese and xanthan gum. Whisk on low for a couple of minutes while it thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook bacon until brown – crumble and set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts (I grilled mine) – slice thinly, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add bacon, red onion and bacon grease. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add in garlic. Then add green onions, chicken and 1 cup cream. Cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes. Mix in asiago sauce and cayenne pepper and garlic salt. Mix in spaghetti squash. Cook everything together for about five minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Makes 10 servings – You could totally 1/2 the overall recipe (except the chicken) and not use spaghetti squash and just do sauce and chicken.
Total Fat: 32g
Total Protein: 31g
Net Carbs: 5 (6 total, 1 fiber)